Oakland Grange

Littlehampton | 01903 715995

Oakland Court

Felpham | 01243 842400


Funding and fees

What do our fees cover?

Fees cover your accommodation and care including laundry and housekeeping services. Other services such as the hairdresser and chiropodist as well as newspapers are paid for separately.

Do we need to pay a deposit to secure a room?

If you want to secure a particular room you may be asked for a deposit but even then there may be reasons such as the needs of a current resident which means the room may not be available at the time of your admission. However, this is unusual and the reasons would be explained.

Do all residents pay the same fee?

No it depends on the choice of room which may include the size of the room or the view for instance. However all rooms are equipped with similar furnishings and the same facilities and services are standard for all residents. Sometimes care fees can be dependent on care needs too.

Is the fee negotiable?

No we generally do not negotiate as our overheads remain the same.

Does Oakland take local authority funded admissions?

This will depend on whether they will pay our fees as we are a private care home provider. We do have a few residents who have over time found their capital has fallen below the threshold that Local Authorities will contribute to the cost of their care. This is then topped up by usually by the family.

Can we receive Local Authority funding on any other occasion?

Local Authorities will fund 12 weeks of care at the time that someone decides to sell their property. If there is a shortfall between the Local Authority rate and the fee the shortfall is made up by the resident.

Do the fees increase every year?

We review the fees normally annually and give notice of the new rate. Fees will also increase if care needs change or a resident chooses to move to a more expensive room.

Is there any financial help available as fees increase?

Occasionally a resident may choose to apply for NHS Continuing Care Funding if care needs become particularly complex. But this is unusual as we are a residential care provider not a nursing home.

You can claim for Attendance Allowance for personal care which is tax free and non-means tested. This is rated either through a standard contribution or a higher contribution depending on your needs. You can ask for this to be reviewed if your needs change over time.

How can we plan if we don’t know how long our care may be required?

This is a difficult issue for everyone and we advise you seek advice from an independent Financial Advisor to see how best your assets can meet your future requirements. Some people choose to be partly funded by an annuity. The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) registers companies and individuals who give financial advice. We are not qualified to advise on these matters.

How do I pay?

Permanent residents pay by Standing Order and respite residents normally pay by cheque or BACS.

Do I need to give notice if I decide to leave?

There are different notice periods depending on the circumstances and the Manager can discuss this with you.

Is there a contract which explains the details of our arrangement?

We provide every resident with two copies of our contract which they sign alongside our Manager. We keep one copy and the resident keeps the second copy for future reference.

Do I need a Power of Attorney?

Agreeing to a Power of Attorney in advance of losing your mental capacity to manage your affairs can help to relieve worry later for you and your family and avoids a complicated court process which can be lengthy and more expensive. There are two types of POA – Health & Welfare and Property & Finance. There is information available from the Office of Public Guardian or local solicitors.

Back to top

© 2019 Oakland Care Group  Website by

Registered as a Care Home with the Care Quality Commission